"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, July 12, 2013

Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. - Psalm 81-83

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people did not listen to my voice; Israel would not submit to me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.  Oh, that my people would listen to me, that Israel would walk in my ways! I would soon subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes. Those who hate the LORD would cringe toward him, and their fate would last forever. But he would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you." - Psalms 81:10

God reminded His people He is their LORD, Yahweh. He reminded them of their past and of His provision. He urged them to seek Him, but they refused. They missed out on all the blessings He wanted to lavish them with. They missed out on God's best.

In this same way God calls on us as His children to seek after Him - to desire Him in a BIG way. He wants us to open our mouth wide in expectancy that He will fill it. We can call on Him for the little and big things, and He will take care. He delights when we lay it all before Him and ask and seek and ask and seek some more.  He wants our expectations high and our faith confident. He will always do what is good - more than we can ever imagine.

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen"- Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment