"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Complete in Christ - Colossians 1-2

"He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." -Colossians 1:13-14
 

"For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority." -Colossians 2:9-10

In Christ we have been filled; we "have been given a fullness" or completeness. We have been filled with acceptance, with love, with an identity that cannot fall away. In light of that reality all else pales in comparison...

Complete in thee, no work of mine
Could take, oh Lord, the place of  Thine.
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
And I shall stand complete in Thee
Complete in thee, each want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied.
Since thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee.
Complete in thee, no more shall sin;
Thy grace has conquered; reign within.
Thy blood shall bid the tempter flee,
And I shall stand complete in Thee
Dear Savior, when before Thy bar,
All tribes and tongues assembled are,
Among the chosen I shall be
At thy right hand, complete in Thee
Yea, justified, oh blessed thought!
And sanctified, salvation wrought.
The blood hath pardon bought for me,
And glorified I, too, shall be.
- Aaron Wolfe & James Gray
 


No comments:

Post a Comment