"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Monday, July 8, 2013

Specific Faith - Luke 17-18


"And he cried out, 'Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!' And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, 'Son of David, have mercy on me!' And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him, 'What do you want me to do for you?' He said, 'Lord, let me recover my sight.' And Jesus said to him, 'Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.'" - Luke 18:38-42

What faith this blind beggar had! He simply cried out to Jesus - no shame, no reserve, no doubt. He persisted to cry out even when those around him ridiculed and despised him. Jesus, in perfect love and compassion, answers the man's cries and calls on his faith - "What do you want me to do for you?"  Of course our omniscient Lord knew what the blind man desired; He knew what his needs were. Yet He called on the blind beggar to acknowledge his need and bring his specific request. He called on him to demonstrate his faith.






No comments:

Post a Comment