"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, March 15, 2013

Psalm 30-32



Have you ever been physically, emotionally, or spiritually exhausted?

If you think about this question, I am sure there are different circumstances and situations that come to mind where you have been completely exhausted. What is your first response to being worn out? Generally, I am grumpy,complain and am completely miserable. My life becomes all about me and not about Christ.

Look at David's response to his troubles. He humbly takes refuge in Christ and praises him. David pours out his heart to God and places his trust in God for guidance with praise and thanksgiving.

May this be our prayer during our troubles:

For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; 31:3

I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul, 31:7




1 comment:

  1. David is a great example of a godly response to suffering and affliction. Time and again he reminds us--and shows us how--to take our every care and bring it before the throne of God.

    You mention that David "humbly takes refuge in Christ." Without entangling ourselves too heavily in trying to parse the Trinity, what knowledge of (or relationship with) Jesus do you suppose David had at the time he was writing these psalms?

    ReplyDelete