"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Job 19-20

While reading Job 19 I can't help but think of how hard and cruel this life on earth can be. The toughest times in my life are nothing to what Job faced. Heart break and complete abandonment though, are all too common.

I find it fascinating that in verse 23 Job wishes his words could be recorded! Look at the reason why in verses 25-27:

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!  

Similar to yesterday, we see this theme of looking to our God!

In the best of times and the worst of times we must trust in God. We can trust him because he lives. Job's Redeemer is the same Redeemer we have today. 

1 comment:

  1. Indeed God's faithfulness endures forever! We can turn to Him no matter our predicament, no matter how far we have strayed, and find unconditional acceptance that flows straight from the cross.

    In light of that, then, I was somewhat surprised to see you choose "complete abandonment" as your illustration of life's cruelty. What sort of relational desolation did you have in mind?

    I've enjoyed reading your posts this week. Thank you for your thoughtful insight!

    ReplyDelete