"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Job 7-8

Job 7-8 


"Behold, God will not reject a blameless man, nor take the hand of evildoers.
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting."
Job 8:20-21 
Our perspective on Job's circumstance informs us that the above statement is true. His health was restored, his family did again grow and his possessions were even greater. Of course Job's friends had an incomplete view of his circumstance, also. Their conclusions were off. Yet these words of God's commitment are most definitely true. 
In the moment of difficulty, how do we receive encouragement from others? When I am feeling sorry for myself, I want to feel sorry for myself. It is telling when those close to me try to lift my spirit and I bristle at their positive words.
I am convicted of my selfish attitudes, but also encouraged that I am not a slave to sorrow or anger.
We have the Word that brings perspective and our relationship with God that brings hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment