"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Job 40-42

by Adam Johnson


"And the LORD restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends..." Job 42:10


This verse really jumped out at me because I often focus on the first part of Job's response to God - his confession - and overlook the responsibility he still had to forgive. It's often easy to respond in faith when God confronts us with our depravity, but it is a totally different story when we are confronted with the wrongs of others. This to me is the final test of Job.

His friends had wronged him; they had falsely accused him. God left him with the responsibility to forgive and intercede for them.


God's blessing came after Job forgave and prayed for his friends. "If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened." Psalm 66:14

1 comment:

  1. Me too. I've overlooked that part.
    Paul I

    ReplyDelete