"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, January 13, 2012

Job 38-39 Humble Faith

by Rebekah Johnson

"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding." Job 38:4


God reminds Job of just who He isn't with this question.

Where was Job when all of these things took place?

Where was I?

Like Job, I am just a minuscule part of the world God made. I don't know. I cannot comprehend the magnificent intricacies of God's designs. He is all-knowing. He is all-powerful.

As I read through God's descriptive rebuke to Job, I was amazed at how much detail God concerns Himself with. He provides food for the wild animals, He directs the lightning, He channels the rain...and He loves and cares for me.

Humble faith -- that is my response.


"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!"
Romans 11:33

4 comments:

  1. That is so good. To answer Job, where was I, "Before your were formed, I knew you." Jer. 1

    Paul I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - with every question God gives Job, God reveals His own greatness and our smallness. And yet His love for us is so deep. How great is our God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God made the earth without me! I certainly can trust Him to take care of my life,no matter what is going on! It gives peace to the heart to know how great a God we have!!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...Tell me, if you have understanding."

    God is good to tell me that I need understanding,and too keep it simple: telling me what it is, where it comes from (Him), and how to apply it.

    (Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.)

    That I can understand and do through the power of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete