"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Job 14-16


By Mike Durrill

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one. - Job 14:4 ESV

What is man, that he can be pure? Or he who is born of a woman, that he can be righteous? - Job 15:14 ESV

These short verses seemed to lift off the page as I was reading today. It certainly makes sense that “clean” cannot come from “unclean”, doesn’t it? Yet, don’t often we hear of people whose hope of pleasing God is to make themselves clean?

Before answering that question in the affirmative, don’t we as Christians attempt to do the same at times? It is prayers like this: Oh Lord, I will do better. Or, God, give me another chance and I will show you that I’m serious. Or, Lord, next time You can count on me! These expressions to God are sincere, but not Biblically sound.

The good news that God has for all men and women is that truly we are made clean and remain clean by His works, not ours. 

Have faith in God. His grace is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment