"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Psalm 73 - Whom have I in Heaven but You?

by Pastor Durrill

Beautiful Psalm. Frustration is evident at the seeming success of the arrogant and wicked. David spends time trying to comprehend this fact of life and comes to empty conclusions until he seeks the LORD for wisdom (v17).

As always the promises of God provide truth, hope, and strength for His children.

"I am continually with you" - v23
"You hold my right hand" - v23
"You guide me with your counsel" - v24
"You will receive me to glory" - v 24

I love the similar hope in Jesus' words in John 14 spoken to frightened, confused, and weary men who didn't want Him to go away.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you." - John 14:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment