"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Exodus 7-9


By Mike Durrill


[3] But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, [4] Pharaoh will not listen to you. - Exodus 7:3-4a ESV


God will harden hearts for his own purpose and glory. Sobering, is it not? This seems unfair, maybe even cruel. Why would God purposely harden a heart? The answer lies in the truth of Who God is and in the fact that there are facets of God that we may never understand. 



[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. - Isaiah 55:8 ESV



However, He has revealed to us what He wants us to understand about Him...the truths that He is Good, Kind, Just, and Holy are what we continue to meditate on as we walk through this life loving and trusting in His revealed character.


Oh God, would you give me the opposite of a hard heart? Would you maintain a soft and pliable heart within me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment