"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Exodus 25- 27

Way back in chapter 6 God told Israel, "I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God." I think this detailed focus on the sanctuary, ark, tabernacle and all that it entails is grounded in God this truth repeated again in 25:8:

And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst. 

Think about that verse for a minute. "Dwell in their midst." God wants to have a relationship with us. He extends His hand to us. He is an initiator.

While He is reaching out, the Lord shows much about His character. Here are some of my observations:

- Everything about this tabernacle was excellent. No shortcuts, only the best.
- He takes worship very seriously.
- The setting set the tone show His holiness.
- Worship was purposeful and deliberate.

When I think about this, I am reminded that though the New Testament church age of grace is very different these aspects of our Lord and Savior have never changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment