"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, February 3, 2012

Exodus 13-15 Remember


by Jill Ice

Finally – they left!  

God had freed the Israelites from their long bondage (over 400 years) in Egypt.  Immediately Moses constrains the people to “Remember”. 

“Remember this day in which you came out from Egypt” (13:3)

“You shall tell your son..’It is because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt’” (13:8)

God is the same throughout all ages.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).  Thus He is still saving and preserving a people across all generations who will speak of His glorious works – either by declaring “I came out of Egypt” (Exodus 13:8) or as the man born blind said, “I was blind, but now I see” (John 9:25). 

May we continually remember our deliverance by echoing Moses’ song in Exodus 15:

“I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously;

2 The LORD is my strength and my song, 
   and he has become my salvation; 
this is my God, and I will praise him, 
   my father's God, and I will exalt him.

11 Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? 
   Who is like you, majestic in holiness, 
   awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?

13 You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; 
   you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.

18 The LORD will reign forever and ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment