"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Exodus 5-8

I must admit, today's Bible reading is so familiar. I found myself reading the verses passively. I read the chapters twice to find that "ah-ha" moment. Certainly the context is captivating--the plight of the people, the high stakes confrontation with Pharoh, and the miraculous signs from God. There is no question of His sovereignty here.
It did not hit me until I prayed with my youngest for his breakfast this morning. As we thanked God for His provision it unfolded inside of me, my gratitude for providing a declaration of that sovereignty. It is no minor thing that we serve the one true God. It is no minor thing that His unwavering authority that He asserted in the time of Moses He asserts today in our lives. I am truly grateful that I can engage my day knowing that He is in control of all things, that all I have is from and in Him. Praise The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment