"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Love that Compels Me

Today's Passage:  2 Corinthians 5-9
"For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this:  That one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised." - 2 Corinthians 5:14,15
Christ loved me so much that in tremendous humility He took my sin upon Himself and died for my sin, saving me from eternal damnation.  

This love should compel me to live for Him.  

In verse 20 Paul calls me an Ambassador for the kingdom of God.  An Ambassador represents and promotes his homeland.  Am I accurately representing the King of Heaven or have I received His grace in vain?  (6:1)  As a child, I remember hearing adults talk about the Lord's return and their longing for Heaven.  I couldn't understand what the hurry was.  The older I get the more I understand the longing for our Heavenly home.  In the meantime, I have Jesus -- my Messiah -- to live for and promote.

He became sin Who knew no sin
That we might become His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21)
He humbled Himself and carried the cross
Love so amazing, Love so amazing!

Jesus Messiah, Name above all names
Blessed Redeemer, Immanuel
The Rescue for sinners, the Ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah, Lord of All








No comments:

Post a Comment