"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Monday, July 30, 2012

Isaiah- 54-58


by Paul Ice

“This is like the days of Noah to me:
as I swore that the waters of Noah
should no more go over the earth,
so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you,
and will not rebuke you.
For the mountains may depart
and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,”
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
(Isaiah 54:9-10 ESV)

An everlasting covenant:
What a powerful passage.  The steadfast love of our God - forever.
And, I love verse like these that authenticate other parts of the scripture.  You can’t believe in the eternal covenant of God with his people and discount the literal account of the flood.

And the next set of verses speak to the covenant being extended to all people.  Thank you Jesus, for salvation to all how call upon Him.


“And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD,
to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD,
and to be his servants,
everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it,
and holds fast my covenant—
these I will bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer
for all peoples.”
(Isaiah 56:6-7 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment