"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Love Notes - Isaiah 40-43

by Diana Durrill


"You are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you." 

These twelve words sound like a beautiful love note from one lover to another.  A man loves a woman and he sends her a letter with words like these inscribed in ink and what wells up inside of her?

Love....Thankfulness...Peace & Comfort...Joy...Safety.  Any woman would feel secure after having something like this written to her, especially if the words were backed with action.

As beautiful as human love can be, the love of the Father is much more so because it is perfect and without blemish.  Love as purely we may desire, we will still fail our loved ones from time to time because of sin in our own hearts.  But God's love for us is faithful, unconditional, and the picture of perfection.  So these words of God, penned through the prophet Isaiah, are especially comforting and can fill us with confidence.

Because I am precious in His eyes...
  • I have His power & might when I feel weary in well-doing.  He faithfully renews my strength. (Isaiah 40:28-31)
  • My righteousness doesn't depend on me because His righteousness holds me up. (Isaiah 41:10)
  • I don't have to be fearful because He is my help (even while He holds my hand). (Isaiah 41:13)
  • I am redeemed.  I am called by name.  I am His. (Isaiah 43:1)
  • My trials and struggles in life will not overwhelm me...I will not be consumed by them. (Isaiah 43:2)
There are many, many more comforts embedded in this passage - too many to list here.  Re-read these chapters and find your heart comforted, your strength renewed, and your confidence bolstered in the beautiful, life-giving love of your Father.




No comments:

Post a Comment