"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, June 15, 2012

Psalm 146-150 Praise the Lord!


by Jill Ice

These Psalms were so refreshing for me tonight.  After reading them, I felt as if my soul was released from everyday cares and lifted far above the mundane.

Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
Psalm 146:1-2

Praising God is a beautiful privilege of the believer.  We get to proclaim His worthiness because we have experienced His greatness first-hand.  He is involved and personal.

who keeps faith forever;
who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets the prisoners free;
the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
the Lord loves the righteous.
The Lord watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
Psalm 146:6-9

We all fit into the above paragraph.  I was a prisoner whom He set free.  I was blind, but now I see. I was one who was bowed down, but He lifted me.

I am not alone when I praise God. I join with all creation in exalting Him.

Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his hosts!
Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars!
Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the Lord!
For he commanded and they were created.
And he established them forever and ever;
he gave a decree, and it shall not pass away.
Praise the Lord from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps,
fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!
Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!

Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!
Psalm 148:2-10

I join with all people of the earth (for we know all will confess He is Lord), throughout all generations and all cultures.

Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
Young men and maidens together,
old men and children!
Psalm 148:11-12

Let us praise God boldly, creatively, and with energy!

Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Psalm 150:3-5

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment