"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Monday, June 11, 2012

I Kings 5,6 I Chronicles 2-3


by Paul Ice

Today’s reading was part of the description of the building of the temple.  It was an amazing undertaking.  The number of people involved, the care which was taken to do it God’s way, the precious stones and wood used, - all of these details are fascinating. 

The verse that stood out for me was I King 6:7.
“When the house was built, it was with stone prepared at the quarry, so that neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron was heard in the house while it was being built.”

It is so interesting the care they took to build the temple in a way that pleased the Lord., even if it meant significant additional work and engineering.  And yet how many times God would require other small steps of faith or obedience and they would take the easy or comfortable route.

As I examine my own life, I am the same way.  I pick and choose when I will give complete obedience to God.  Many time choosing just when it is easy or convenient. 

Lord, may I walk in the Spirit each day, living a life of obedience and faith.  May my joy derive from glorifying and delighting You.

No comments:

Post a Comment