"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, August 31, 2012

Ezekiel 16-17 When God Speaks


by Jill Ice

I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it.
Ezekiel 17:24

When God speaks, there is power. Let us consider the first reference in the Bible to God speaking, which is found in the third verse in the Bible.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Genesis 1:3

Not exactly small talk. All creation was brought into existence by the voice of God. When God said, “Let there be light”, there was light.  No way around it. God said it, so there it was.

When God speaks, there is certainty. God never says, “I hope to do this”, or “I think I will do that”. He says “I have spoken, and I will do it.” His promises are true. His covenant is everlasting. What He has begun, He will see to completion.

When we face uncertain times, God’s Word is our solid foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment