"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, November 1, 2013

Psalm 125-127

Unless the Lord builds the house those who built it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city the watchman stays awake in vain. 

This Psalm is attributed to Solomon, and the theme of this basic wisdom Psalm is fairly obvious: Without the Lords blessing all human toil is worthless. You can try as hard as you want, but without God's blessing nothing is going to happen. I have to ask myself how does that apply to my job? How does it apply to my personal goals? How does it apply to "fill in the blank" going on in your life right now. Having this understand brings two things to the forefront for me. Number one, I need to be more thankful. I don't always give credit to where credit is due. And Secondly, I need to pray more. How we pray reveals how we really feel about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment