"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Thursday, September 26, 2013

2 Chronicles 6-10 If my people

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  - 2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people who are called by my name...
God is calling upon His people, those known by His name. He isn't expecting the lost to listen or obey, but His expectations for His own are high. 
...humble themselves,..
Humility. Jesus called out the "poor in spirit" or humble in Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." He will not force anyone to yield their will to Him. He desires that we willingly give him first place in our hearts. "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6
...and pray and seek my face...
We have direct access to the King of Kings; He longs for a relationship with us. He calls on us to talk to him. Our praise, our desires, our burdens are all welcome at His feet. He is always there ready to listen; He will never turn us away. "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
 ...and turn from their wicked ways...
God wants His people to come clean with Him. The Holy Spirit resides in our heart if we are His child. We must agree with Him about the sins, the little lies, the big struggles and turn away from them.
 ...then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
 This obedience opens up the believer to blessings that can only come from God. He has so much in store for His children as they walk with Him. "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment