"Your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing." - 2 Thessalonians 1:3b

Friday, June 14, 2013

Songs in the night - Psalms 69-71



In the crucible of affliction David desires to worship God through music. It is through this medium that his heart is revived. Song is a gift from God that has the power to uplift, strengthen, and revive in the midst of the deepest trials.

David chooses to sing because it magnifies God. Despite circumstance and ill treatment David's mouth rejoices in his God. This has a ripple affect on others as well as they hear it and are glad.

[30] I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. [31] This will please the LORD more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs. [32] When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive. - Psa 69:30-32 ESV


[22] I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. [23] My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed. - Psa 71:22-23 ESV

I am thankful that the songs we sing at Valley uplift, strengthen, and revive our hearts as they point us directly toward our marvelous God.

No comments:

Post a Comment